Despite mounting evidence to the contrary, mainstream nutritional guidelines have instructed Americans to eat soy and drink soy milk. BUT soy milk is not a healthy choice. By drinking soy milk you are not doing yourself a favor, you are destroying your health. Please, take a look at these reasons why you should avoid soy milk.
Soymilk (Filtered Water, Whole Soybeans), Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, Carrageenan, Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12.
TOP TEN REASONS TO AVOID SOY MILK
- Soybeans contain large quantities of natural toxins or antinutrients. Drinking just two glasses of soy milk daily can significantly alter a womans menstrual cycle.
- Soy has been found to increase the bodys need for vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
- Soybeans also contain haemagglutinin, a clot-promoting substance that causes your red blood cells to clump.
- 99% of soy is genetically modified. It contains one of the highest contamination by pesticides of any of our foods.
- Soybeans and soy products contain high levels of phytic acid, which inhibits assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc.
- Soy foods contain high levels of toxic aluminum, which negatively effects the nervous system the kidneys and has been linked to the onset of Alzheimers.
- Soy contains a compound resembling vitamin B12 that cannot be processed by your body. Thus, soy foods can contribute to B12 deficiency.
- Fragile soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures during processing in order to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein, making them dangerous for human digestion.
- Soy contains toxic isoflavones.The soy isoflavones genistein and daidzein can stimulate existing breast cancer growth showing risk in consuming soy products if a woman has breast cancer. (Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001 Sep;35(9):118-21).
- Soy contains plant estrogens, called phytoestrogens, which disrupt endocrine function and lead to infertility and breast cancer in women.
Carrageenan in Soy Milk
Many scientific, peer-reviewed studies found that food-grade carrageenan can cause gastrointestinal inflammation, ulcerations, lesions and even colon cancer in laboratory animals. Additionally, recent studies funded by the American Diabetes Association have linked the consumption of food-grade carrageenan to insulin resistance and glucose intolerance in mice.
Studies Showing the Toxicity of Soy in the US Food & Drug Administrations Poisonous Plant Database (7.5M PDF)
Studies Showing Adverse Effects of Dietary Soy, 1939-2008