- 1 24-ounce jar medium or mild salsa
- Juice from one lime
- 14 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1.25-oz. package taco seasoning
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
I always forget about my slow cooker. It sits under my kitchen sink due to lack of space, only to be dusted off every few months. I really wish I used it more often because it makes dinner prep a breeze. This recipe for salsa chicken is a snap to prepare and can be eaten plain or used in a taco or burrito setting. It would probably be really good for enchiladas as well.
Combine the salsa, lime juice, cilantro, taco seasoning and peppers in the crock pot and stir together. Add in the chicken breasts and place on low for 8 hours.
Seriously, its that simple. Your chicken will be ready when you get home from work to serve with your favorite taco or burrito toppings!